The First Greater Bay Area Youth (Traditional Culture) Image International Competition organized by Youth Commission of Guangdong Teochow Overseas Friendship Union (abbreviated as YCGTOFU) kicked off in the afternoon of the 17th this month.
Focus on traditional Lingnan Cultre
It is required in the Outline Development Plan for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area that a humanistic Bay Area should be built, and humanistic spirit of the Greater Bay Area should be forged to boost inheritance and development of excellent traditional Chinese cultures. Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao share the same water of Pearl River and have had the same source and history of culture in the South of Five Ridges over the past 2000 years, which is the outstanding advantage of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area. YCGTOFU gives play to the strengths of the folk platform, unites with youth clubs in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, encourages domestic and overseas young people to pay attention to cultures in the South of Five Ridges, record and create wonderful works in the new mode of pictures and short videos to spread the long-standing brilliant Chinese civilizations at home and abroad.
The competition content covers academic work, literature, painting, calligraphy, music, opera, technology, architecture, landscape, customs, religion, diet, language and home culture of overseas Chinese. The competition aims to display the diversification, pragmatism, openness, inclusiveness and innovation of cultures in the South of Five Ridges and plays an active role in promoting economic and social development in the South of the Five Ridges and even the whole country.
Covering global young people, cultures are spread worldwide in the way of media convergence
First Greater Bay Area Youth (Traditional Culture) Image International Competition is mainly held for domestic and overseas young creators at age of 16-45. Regardless of your job, language and region, any learner and amateur of traditional cultures in the South of Five Ridges can participate in the competition in the name of individuals or teams. After the competition kicks off formally, it will last for an half year. Online contribution is accepted from 1st February to 30th June. After that, the Commission will organize domestic and overseas authoritative experts in the film circle and the culture circle to form a review committee to review and preliminarily evaluate competition works and display such works by stages. During 1st-7th July, final online voting will be carried out. All the selected works will be comprehensively evaluated by the review committee to select award-winning works. The award-giving meeting will be held in mid to late July.
Sponsoring by the folk organization and review by famous authoritative experts
This competition is supported by all walks of life. Guangdong Teochow Overseas Friendship Union, Overseas Friendship Association of Guangdong Cantonese Zhujixiang Descendants, Guangdong HAKKA Union, Council for the Promotion of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Cooperation, International Teochow Youth Federation (Hong Kong) and Association of Returned Overseas Chinese Macau serve as the guiding units of the competition to support and guide activities of the whole competition. Greater Bay Area Youth Development Research Institute (Hong Kong) and many youth clubs in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area participated in sponsorship and organization of the competition.
I. Competition rules
1. This competition is mainly for domestic and overseas young creators at age of 16-45.
2. Regardless of your job, language and region, any learner and amateur of traditional LingNan cultures can participate in the competition in the name of individuals or teams.
3. Competition works shall be real and original, shall not violate laws or regulations or public order and good custom.
4. The sponsor is entitled to display, exhibit, research, evaluate and publicize competition works.
5. Once copyright disputes happen, the sponsor is entitled to cancel the qualification of the work for participating in the competition and reserves the right of claiming compensation for possible damages.
6. The sponsor reserves the right of final interpretation to controversy arising from this competition.
II. Competition participation way
Log in the official website of the competition www.gdchaoqing.com
Online contributions starts from 1st February.
III. Competition procedure
1. The pictures and short videos for participating in the competition shall be related to publicity and protection of cultures in the South of Five Ridges.
2. Participators shall publicly release pictures and short video works onto the "Channels" of WeChat by adding the activity theme "# The First Greater Bay Area Youth Image International Competition" and send the URL of the released work to the customer service WeChat account of the sponsor.
3. Any questions, contact WeChat ID：gd_chaoqing
4. The sponsor preliminarily evaluates works. Selected works will be released onto the official Channel of WeChat. The specific release procedure will be publicized separately.
5. The sponsor will select and display excellent works by stages.
6. At the beginning of July, centralized online voting will be carried out for all the excellent works. After that, the review committee will review such works to select the award-winning work.
7. In mid to late July, the sponsor will hold the ceremony to award the winning works.
8. Visit the official website for details of awards and the reward content.
Democrats Shelve Minimum Wage Tax Plan to Speed Work on Stimulus
Indian Government to Launch 'Catch the Rain' Campaign to Promote Water Conservation: PM Modi
Armenia's president refuses order to dismiss military chief
UK February factory output grows at slowest pace since May: PMI
New Zealand's Auckland to enter lockdown for second time in a month
China unveils top 10 scientific advances of 2020